To get some information you need before you can set up the DNS service see below using command prompt. Keep this information safe
Right-click the Start button then select Command Prompt.
On the Command Prompt window, type “ipconfig” (without speech marks) and press the [Enter].
From the numbers indicated below you will need to write down on a piece of paper the ones called "IPv4 Address" and "default Gateway"
Now you have that information you will need to follow the Windows 10 set up guide again below from the start
•From the main desktop screen, click the START button then click Settings
- Click on Network and Internet
- Click on WiFi or Ethernet (depending on your type of connection but in this guide we are on an Ethernet connection) then click Change adapter settings
- Right Click on your network adapter and click on Properties
- Un-tick the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
- Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to highlight and click on Properties
- In the General tab click on Use the following IP address, type in your IP address (this was called IPv4 Address), subnet mask will always be 255.255.255.0 (type that into that box) and your gateway address from the numbers your wrote on your piece of paper
- click on Use the following DNS server addresses Fill DNS server fields with values from the table below this photo, and click OK. (Use the DNS addresses related to your home country or nearest country to you from the list)
American DNS Servers:
Primary : 188.8.131.52
CANADA DNS Servers:
- Click on Close button and your done. Now restart your PC and go back and check the kodi screen to see if you have two green ticks